Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairytale.

***

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Amazing Husband

My amazing hubby one Saturday morning woke up and told me out of the blue that he was going to build me my water barrel rack. I was completely shocked and amazed. I didn't even mention that I wanted him to build it on this particular day, he just did it.

Of course Ila was a huge help. She played with the scraps of wood and held nails and made Jon ask, "May I have a nail please?" before she would give one to him.




Isn't this so cool?! I went to an emergency preparedness fair in February that my ward organized and they gave out cd's with tons of information. The pattern for this rack was on it. Oh I love food storage and emergency preparedness stuff! I know, I'm a nerd...such is life. Now I just need to purchase two new caps for the bottom water barrel and we will have plenty of water to satisfy our needs if we ever happen to need it.

As an afterthought we added a nail to hold our bung wrench so it has a place to live and so we know where it is. Now we are set!




7 comments:

Kim said...

That is so awesome Kirsten!! I love it. I wish Tony was more of a fix it kind of guy. It turned out great and what an awesome idea!!

Hilarie said...

That is really cool! I'll have to show this post to my husband so he can build us one. I love it, we like all that preparedness stuff too. Russ is the emergency preparedness specialist in our ward because he has his ham radio license...so we're nerds too. :)

Amanda XOX said...

LOVE IT KIRSTEN, or maybe the shout out should go to your HUBBY since he built it!!! Here's the link to find most of the stuff that's on the CD for people who didn't get one:
foodstorage.coxfam.org

then scroll down to the water storage category and the barrel holder is #3

Amanda XOX said...

PS- we're rearranging stuff in our garage and I'm going to let my hubby do the honors of nailing on the bung wrench to the barrel holder when the mission organization in complete! Love that idea!

jamiegilson said...

I love this. And I love that Amanda left a comment with that link. It's perfect. Thanks for sharing the foodstoragemadeeasy site. It's perfect.

jamiegilson said...

Did I say perfect enough times in that last comment?=)

the Queen of Harts said...

What a polite little girl you have! Teaching manner to her daddy....so sweet! I miss you! I love your pictures. Looks like you are having lots of fun together!